This is my quilt, Roses are Red... made for 'Living Colour' but not selected again (detail below) Oh well - try again next year! The main red fabric is wool, screen printed with thickened acid milling dyes. The print was from my charcoal drawing which I made into a photographic stencil. The rose leaves were printed with a thermofax screen while the green fabric at the bottom was sun printed then over printed with the rose leaves. The red cloque rose buds were appliquéd on and the whole quilt was machine quilted.
Foe the last couple of weeks I've been doing an online workshop with UK artist Dionne Swift called Developing Sketchbooks. I've really enjoyed working through the video lessons and interacting with the other students via a private facebook group. I would definitely recommend the workshop and Dionne as a tutor. It was a bit expensive - the exchange rate is not great for us - but I found it really worthwhile. It will be a useful method of developing ideas for future work.
|A couple of photos of my work from Developing Sketchbooks|
I've done a new post on the Designing Women blog - check it out here