Monday, June 23, 2014

Getting ready


I've been making some tools - varnished some wood printing blocks, squeegees and silkscreen frames.
The one above has also been re-taped as well. I also mixed up some manutex and cleared off my print table and bench top. I hope tomorrow I'll get to do some breakdown printing. It's 1 of my favourite techniques but I haven't done it for over a year. 
Below is a screen I prepared with thickened Procions dye paste screened over gum leaves. The black dye is old but will still provide a resist ands little colour. I'm after an olive green print so will print with yellow and hope it mixes with some of the black to make an olive.


2 comments:

shirley said...

That looks like a lot of fun.

Sandy said...

I'll be waiting for the results. Does varnishing the wood block give a better print?