Sunday, June 29, 2014

Breakdown printing


Some silk on my print table which has been breakdown printed using the screen in a previous post. It looks a lot more yellow now it has been washed out so I'll over dye some of it but I'm reasonably happy with it. I'm doing various silks printed with gum leaves for an exhibition piece for the Designing Women exhibition Seams and Layers. We have to do a piece 40cm x 2 metres in eucalyptus colours. My plan is to seam together lots of small pieces of my printed fabrics. I want it to be double sided and translucent so I'm doing some silk organza too.

Details


The fabrics on the studio line have been over dyed and are waiting for the next step.





4 comments:

Carol said...

I love the direction you are going in... can't wait to follow how you incorporate organza!

Aussie Jo said...

Great effects with the printing Linda

Sandy said...

Productive session. The piece sounds wonderful.

Anne B said...

Stunning colours, Linda.