Sunday, January 05, 2014

Gelli Printing


I bought my Gelli plates quite a while ago, last year and hadn't done much with them but today I decided to get them out and spend some time experimenting. I used the smaller 6" plate with Liquitex acrylic paints and mediums and had some fun. One thing I discovered is smooth paper works best.


I can only really work in my studio in the morning or evening when its hot so didn't do too much today but I really enjoy the process and will continue exploring. We've been lucky over the holiday period with great weather but now we're in for a hot spell.
I also made another quilt block similar to the last. I'm thinking about doing more and combining them somehow in a quilt. My quilt for 'Living Colour' is in progress. I'm making a thermofax screen of rose leaves for it. 

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I like your prints. I need to try some.

Fran├žoise said...

Printing with a gel plate is a lot of fun, isn't it? So easy to use. I think I'm addicted already! Looking forward to seeing the leaves prints.