Tuesday, October 15, 2013

sketchbook pages, monoprinting


When I have some leftover paint, I like to add some colour and pattern to my sketchbook.






The last 2 pics above are a monoprinting technique featured on Design Matters TV as 1 of their free tasters. I was familiar with the technique but had forgotten about it. They give a very good demo and its a simple, effective method - great on fabric too - see below.




I had a piece of X ray film spare so decided to cut a quick stencil.
 
 

4 comments:

Iz said...

I love the first pic - what did you use to take the print? It looks like Hydrangea but I've no idea how you've done it! Lovely stuff.

Iz said...

I love the first pic - what did you use to take the print? It looks like Hydrangea but I've no idea how you've done it! Lovely stuff.

Fran├žoise said...

Beautiful work Linda. I did some monoprinting too after watching the free DMTV shows. :-) But the results were not as great as yours!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Busy girl! Such a good idea to use up your leftover paint on your sketchbook - that one b&w sketch looks like a zentangle - fabulous!

I want to try that method of monoprinting - I too watched the video and have to say I'd never seen that technique before. It appealed to me more than other monoprinting techniques I've read about. I love your results.