Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Some new pieces

 
I seem to be just scratching around the edges with my work lately (too many distractions) but I guess something, however insignificant, is better than nothing! I've been doing some book covers and small framed pieces for a local craft fair in October and have managed to finish several, including a book cover from the above embroidery made from left-over fabric scraps.

finished book cover (front)

part of this ended up in a small frame
 
this will be another book cover but not quite happy with it yet
It was a gorgeous spring day today after a lot of rain for the past couple of weeks - I'm getting a craving to do some dyeing and printing but don't know when I'll be able to. One exciting thing happened today - we brought a brand new car for me. We've only had 1 car for quite a while which has been difficult, especially when I've had to go and stay with my parents who don't have a car and live 40 minutes away. I'll have to wait until next week to get it.

An update on my DH who has, at last, finished his chemotherapy and is feeling much better - his tumours at the last scan had shrunk to almost nothing.


7 comments:

Judy McCarthy said...

Oh Linda, that's good news about your husband's tumor.It must be very stressful for you with the worry.No wonder you feel a little less inspired BUT..that cover, and framed piece are gorgeous!!Love both the colours and the stitching.
We have had some warm Spring days here.The pollen has us running for those anti-histamines.I never liked taking them, but will now.The asthma found'n say to keep on top of hay fever so doesn't make asthma worse.
Judy xx

Robin Mac said...

What wonderful news Linda, you must both be very thrilled and relieved. The new car sounds exciting too - and I love your pieces being used for book covers. Cheers

Judy Ferguson said...

We all have so many things in our lives to distract us. Some more serious than others. But isn't it wonderful to have our artistic outlets to help us cope with the real life. Love these little projects.

LynneP said...

The book covers are lovely! Did not know your DH was ill...so very sorry and glad to hear his chemo was helpful. Best wishes to you and your family!

Joy V said...

Love using 'leftovers' for book covers etc. Glad to hear your DH is well on the way to getting better. It must have been a worrying time. Take care.

Françoise said...

Lovely book covers!
It's good to hear your husband is doing better.
Regards.

Sandy said...

I love the covers. No doubt you are distracted with your husband's health- I relate to that.