I finally finished my Mysterium piece, right on the deadline after many long days and nights sewing.
I can't show it yet and the exhibition is not until October. The work had to be in early so a catalogue with photos etc. could be prepared.
I'm now working on my DW blue challenge piece - also running late because of the above. This is one of the fabrics I received in the brown paper bag from Juliet. I stitched it, following the design, onto some shrink fabric and shrunk it using a steam iron. It shrinks by about 30%. I'm in the process of making it into a bag. which was frustrating yesterday. I was making a lining for the bag - had just made a zipped pocket and was cutting out the other parts of the lining when the pocket disappeared. I've looked all over for it but still haven't found it and I don't have another zip - so annoying.
We had our Designing Women meeting last Saturday where lots of members had brought their finished blue works - should be a good display for the WA Craft Show: August 2 - 4th at Claremont showgrounds. I've updated the blog so you can see the blue pieces and more here.
Last Friday I did a thermofax demo and talk for the Contemporary Quilt Group. They seemed to enjoy trying out some prints - several bought screens and were interested in developing their own designs for a screen. It will be interesting to see what develops.
I'm also tutoring a thermofax workshop at the Stirling Art Centre in Bunbury on the 17th August. The previous 1 was cancelled so I hope this goes ahead.
You may have noticed the SAQA Oceania badge at the side of my blog. I made a 12 x 12 quilt for the auction along with many others from the region. A blog hop has been set up so you can visit each maker's blog and see how they made their quilt. Click on the badge to see who's coming up.