Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Bag finished - pocket still missing


Here is my finished bag. All the materials except the lining, zip, magnetic snap closure, zip and flower embellishment, were from my challenge bag. I still have some things left: more fabric, tyvek and some small ceramic tiles which I will try to use in another project. The bag handles are made from machine embroidered cords.


A couple of views of the lining and offending pocket - I thought the 1st one I made might turn up when I bought a new zip and made another, but not yet. I may need a major tidy up/re-organisation!



I made this a long time ago for my daughter. The cord had become ragged so I fixed it by adding another cord and machine zigzagging over both. I finished off the ends of the new cord with the beads at the sides. Now she has re-claimed it. Below: the back. It has a Velcro closure which I don't do any more.

 

6 comments:

ju-north said...

Beautiful work! Can't have too many bags!

Sandy said...

beautiful.

Judy Ferguson said...

Your bag is beautiful. There is so much work involved, but the results are wonderful.

Fran├žoise said...

Lovely bag Linda.
Thank you for your comments and your kind words on my blog. Regards.

Judy McCarthy said...

Very gorgeous bags Linda!!

Ali George said...

Lovely to meet you in Perth - love the bags too!