Friday, May 03, 2013

Fugitive media & more


This is a chalky pastel drawing on fabric made permanent by a layer of clear printing ink over the top which is the heat set when dry. Below: sample pieces of the same process. The flower was thermofax printed then coloured with the pastels.


2 new thermofax screen designs, printed in my sketchbook below.



Below is a detail of a new piece I made for the Minnawarra Art Prize called 'Scorched Earth'
It began as a breakdown print to which I've added thermofax printing, stitch,etc.





7 comments:

Judy McCarthy said...

Some gorgeous textural works here Linda.Interesting pastel work- first pic.Looking again to re read(it's early here- not had my cuppa yet!!).
Nice to see you back.Have you sorted those family issues/events now.

Fran├žoise said...

Lovely work Linda. Your new piece is gorgeous. I love the colour scheme and texture.

Renee said...

Nice work!

Joy V said...

Love the new sample work, beautiful colours in the second one.

Dorothy said...

Love your Scorched Earth piece, the colours resonate in your title. Your new screens samples are yummy too.

Emma said...

Your scorched earth piece is just delicious specially with the new screen added, I can't get away from terracotta with blue...I don't really want to ;)

Judy Ferguson said...

These are wonderful studies. Just so effective. I never heard of clear printer's ink. I have to find that, as it is hard to make pastels permanent. Thanks for posting.