Monday, April 01, 2013

Sculpture by the Sea 2013


Its finished now, but here are some photos I took at Sculpture by the Sea at Cottesloe beach. Its always worth going to see and this year was a bit cooler than usual so it was lovely to have a walk around the sculptures. If you want information on the exhibiting artists, go to the website





peoples choice award above.



The crocheted 'Tokyo Crows' was the winning entry by Mikaela Castledine.

I may not be blogging as much as usual for a while due to family commitments but will post when I can so I hope you'll check back sometimes.
I did manage to get my 12 x 12 quilt for the SAQA auction done and sent off. There will be a Oceania Group blog hop later during the auction to see the quilts and making process.

6 comments:

Judy McCarthy said...

I really enjoyed seeing these sculptures Linda.We have some at Glenelg every year too.The seaside setting really enhances them.

Fran├žoise said...

Beautiful, as always. And what a gorgeous weather, lucky you!

Joy V said...

A fabulous exhibit Linda. Thank you for sharing. Also loved the people's choice - assume the shadows rotate around with the sun??

Judy Ferguson said...

Not crazy about the People's Choice Award, but like the rest of them.

Emma said...

wonderful sculptures, so big, specially the one in the tree branch. Your fabric paper samples were great too, along with the print blocks, great idea. Loved the journal cover too & was sure I'd commented but must have thought it, not typed it ;)

Ally Nunn said...

They are beautiful. Thank you for sharing the lovely photos