Thursday, February 07, 2013

Not much art happening here


I like to do some craft projects over summer - decided to make this piece into a cushion after finding a cushion insert while sorting out my store room.
The wall quilt below came about because I wanted to use the embroidery unit on my machine. It hadn't been used for more than a year. I bought it with ideas of digitizing my own designs but found it too complicated to pick up only occasionally.
I'm going to give the quilt to a relative who has a baby boy.


This has acquired a border since the photo was taken - I'll post another pic when its finished.


I'm still continuing with my sunflower series - you can see the black seeds starting to appear as the flower dies off. Not sure what I'm going to do with these, although I have already made a thermofax screen of the sunflower.

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Nice pillow-gives me an idea for my scraps.
The quilt will be treasured. That's the last time I used my embroidery unit too. Grandson is now 5!

Doreen G said...

Love the colours in the cushion Linda.

Joy V said...

Love the quilt Linda and I think I would plant the seeds from the sunflower, then you can have heaps and heaps....

The Idaho Beauty said...

Love that fish quilt - the wonky blocks give it so much movement - like the ocean!

Annette said...

Love the colours in the new cushion. And your sunflower is glorious..
hugs

Emma said...

Oh, lovely sunflowers, too windy here, really, tho we've had one or 2 sown by the birds, a promise of summer. Just caught up with your beautiful new screens & dyeing, beautiful. The baby boy will love the quilt & lots of lovely small pieces in that cushion!

Judy McCarthy said...

Love that patchwork cushion Linda.