Friday, February 22, 2013

Bits & Pieces


My niece is having her kitchen tea tomorrow - I printed a card for her (not finished yet) and thought I would print some matching wrapping paper - above. I made the lino blocks years ago so it was nice to get them out to use again.


While in print mode, I added some colour to my sketchbook - above and below -which I'm trying to use more. This book was started when I did my degree. Since then, I've repurposed it by painting over some pages tearing out pictures and adding things. I find it very difficult to consistantly keep a sketchbook or journal.
 
I've also starting teaching my Thursday craft classes again but this year I've changed it from machine embroidery to general textile techniques. We've been doing various print and paint techniqes so far, incuding bock printing, sun printing and shiva oil sticks.
sun printing
 
Shiva rubbing on a printed quilt fabric.
 
The above piece is a canvas covered with various papers, fabrics etc. the embroidery was stitched on after. It's not quite finished - just needs a little more I think and I'll varnish over the collaged background.

My sunflower with nearly all the seeds exposed.
 
 

6 comments:

Living to work - working to live said...

I love that little hanging!

And I love the fact that you are telling your readers that it is too hot, while here in blighty we are still shivering in arctic conditions! I believe spring is just around the corner, but sometimes it's hard to keep the faith!!

Love your work, btw. Will stop by again.

Sandy said...

wonderful.

Annette said...

Great prints, you do have a lucky niece. It's been great to see the progress of the sunflower, thankyou.
hugs

Dorothy said...

Interesting,love your work too. It is comforting to know some one else doesn't get to work on journals too often.

Judy Ferguson said...

Wow, what great prints, but I really love that work on the canvas. It is spectacular.

Judy McCarthy said...

Love that canvas piece too Linda!