Saturday, December 22, 2012

Freeform pieced quilt


I finished piecing this quilt today. It's a mixture of scraps of my own printed/dyed fabrics and some commercial quilt fabrics. The only ones I bought were some of the dark border fabrics. Now I'll put it away while I decide how to quilt it but at least it's not in pieces on my studio floor - must get a design wall.
I enjoy this way of working - inspired by Rayna Gillmans book: Create you own free-form quilts.

Hope everyone has a happy and peaceful Christmas time.


7 comments:

Sandy said...

Very nice-a great way to use up scraps. Have a good holiday.

Annette said...

Very nice.. and a very interesting technique..
hugs

Fran├žoise said...

Beautiful!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Judy Ferguson said...

Yes, I saw Rayna's post this morning on the free form piecing. I like the way you have used the black to spotlight the bright colors. Beautiful job. I am not really a piecer, more of a fuser, but I think I could do this.

Emma said...

Lovely Happy Christmas!

Dorothy said...

There is an immense satisfaction to be able to use up scraps isn't. Well done Linda.

Terri Stegmiller said...

Oh I really like this.