Monday, October 22, 2012

Our Exhibition Opens 9th November!

I should be busy working on my pieces for Dimensions but am recovering from having 3 teeth out yesterday. I'll have to get back to work soon - still have lots to do. At our last meeting some great work appeared for the exhibition so I'm sure it will be worth a visit.

On Friday, we went to see Side Show by Innovatives Stitches an Embroiderers Guild group I was a member of a few years ago. They did a great job - a lot of fabulous work on a fun theme.


These pics were taken at Kings Park last week - we took my parents to see the wildflowers which were lovely although it is a little late to see them at their best - we had a nice day out though.



The huge boab tree was transplanted from the north of WA - brought down by truck. I hope it survives as we have a totally different climate here.
Below: Marigolds around the eternal flame at the war memorial.

 

3 comments:

Judy Ferguson said...

Wow, what a beautiful tree. I hope it makes it. It is a real focal point on the landscape.

Joy V said...

Ouch! Three teeth. Hope all goes well with the exhibition. Pity about the distance across the big sand pit, but a tad too far for me to come.

Fran├žoise said...

I hope you're feeling better.
Good luck for the exhibition.