Sunday, September 16, 2012

What I've been working on...


My lace hanging is done - here it's shown on the Romeo water soluble plastic ready to be free machine embroidered. The circles were made first and stitched to Romeo to hold them in place. Then the areas in between the circles were embroidered in a marathon effort yesterday (finshed at 11.30pm) and the whole piece was put into the bathtub to dissolve away the plastic base.
 
I haven't been keeping up as well with blogging lately because I've been so busy - with work, also with family and other stuff. I had to have another BCC skin cancer cut out from the top of my head too. I looked like an alien for a few days when my forehead, and then face swelled up! Stitches out next week.
 
Today 1st daughter came up and we went to see a local garden that was open as part of the open garden programe - pics below.
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Fran├žoise said...

Nice garden!
I'm looking forward to seeing the lace panel hanging.
Take care.

Sandy said...

That lace is going to be beautiful.

Thimble Fingers said...

Your lace hanging looks exciting, can't wait to see it finished and hanging in all its glory. Sorry to hear about your skin cancer, how awful for you - hope you're okay.

Joy V said...

Your lace project looks intriguing.
Will wait till you post a finished photo. Sorry about the skin cancer - dang Aussie sun, but unfortunately our parents didn't know about these things when we were young and let us play outside without a hat on.