Monday, August 06, 2012

Catching up


Yesterday was the second part of my Breakdown printing workshop. Above: 1 of the screens I prepared - haven't printed it off yet. You can see some of the things I used for texture sticking out from under the screen. Below: 2 more screens. I've since added more to the left one.



Above & below: prints from some of my thermofax screens.






I didn't finish the fabric from the last post, but it has progressed a little with some deColourant discharge added (below)



Above: my demo screen printed out on cotton velveteen.
Below: also velveteen. I like this - just rollered on and mono printed, leftover dye paste.
Looks nice and rich on the velveteen.


Below: these were horrible quilt fabrics altered with paintstick rubbings - I like them better now.


My workshop students produced some great fabric - I'll show some of them next post.

6 comments:

Aart said...

I'm also busy with deconstructed screen printing, I do it on my own. I love your prints!
http://quiltaart.blogspot.nl

Sandy said...

Wonderful Printing.

Lyn Nixon said...

Hi Linda
Looks like you had another wonderful workshop! I hope the screens were ok.
Cheers
Lyn

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Linda. Lovely prints. This is very tempting! I was thinking to myself that you certainly get a lot done, but then I remembered that it must be winter where you are. So I don't feel so guilty for moving like a snail in the blistering heat!
best, nadia

Cait said...

Lovely textures and yes, I have a cupboard full of awful quilting fabrics, stashed ready for dyeing and printing too! cheers

Dorothy said...

Love your pieces especially the velveteen, it certainly does look lucious