Sunday, July 01, 2012

Sun Printing and new thermofax designs


I bought some new Sun Dyes paints from The Thread Studio $65 for 10, including 3 shimmer colours.
I tried them on a day when there was not much sun but they worked well anyway - we're having sunny days now but haven't had a chance to do more yet. There is a great choice of colours too - lots more than I've shown here.


Some new designs for my thermofax screens finally! Below: a few of them - what do you think? I also want to do some word or writing ones but my next job is to tidy and reorganise my studio because I'm having 2 studio visiting days soon for the Quilt Study Group and WAFTA. I don't think anyone would like to see it at the moment and I'm not doing before and after pics!



Some Darwin trees...




7 comments:

Judy Ferguson said...

Wow, your patterns are wonderful. Nothing could coax me out in 100 degree weather to do sun prints right now, but I do love them.

emma-alittlebitofeverything said...

Lovely prints & screens & I love those purple cards below - just delicious!

Sandy said...

The prints did work well. Love the new screens. Trees are my thing.

Thimble Fingers said...

Love your sun prints, and what an amazing tree!

imquilternity said...

You have wonderful Thermofax designs!

Anne B said...

All three screen designs look good to me. My latest craze is screenprinting on to clay before I cut out shapes to make into brooches and buttons. It actually works!

Helen Suzanne said...

love your sun printing... those paints look interesting... I'll have to pop over to Dale's site and take a look