Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Something new


Blue and Green Should Never be Seen... 45cms x 75cms.
Strictly speaking, this isn't really new - it was pieced more than a year ago but yesterday I finished the quilting and binding. I had a small collection of hand printed and dyed scraps left over from a series of work on the theme of suburban gardens and I wanted to see if I could make the colours work in a quilt. I would really welcome any constructive comments.
In case you're wondering, the insects are aphids.
This is actually the first traditional quilt binding I've done. There are quite a few other quilt tops also waiting to be finished. As well this week, I've got my 2 entries for Quiltwest finished with labels, hanging sleeves and bags.
detail



14 comments:

Judy said...

Good on you doing that binding.I've never tried binding a quilt.Tha's on my list of TO DO'S!!
Love those colours combined.

Sue Dennis said...

You have a nice balance between the green and blue and the quilting really adds interest to the overall piece. Well done!

Annette said...

Love it... blue and green are one of my favourite conbo's...
hugs

Emma said...

Love the green & blue with the yellow giving it a zing. The integration of the circles into the squares is great. Binding, what's binding (he, he)?

Thanks for the info on screens, hope you're better ;)

renee said...

I love it mum!

Odile said...

Very, very nice. I love it.

Judy Ferguson said...

Linda, thank you for visiting my blog. I really appreciate your comment. I see no big problems with your new piece. You have a good balance of lights and darks and your blues, greens and yellows blend well. If I had to get picky, I would suggest that you could have put the middle circle, not so centered. It divides the composition. But that is not a biggie and we all do it sometimes.

Sandy said...

It looks good to me.I have lots of pieced tops that need quilting too.

Cathy H said...

love your quilt......the colours look great....

Iz said...

I love blue and green together! The colours work really well, and the balance is spot on - great stuff!

Wanda-Maria Roszak said...

Linda, your works are beautiful, unique, I like it,
I greet :)))

Dorothy said...

I have long been a fan of the blue green combination, around 40 years ago I painted a wide passage way in my home with this combination. And when I look out the window I see blue sky, green trees, what more can I say. Well done, love it.

Annie said...

Love the quilting!
Looking forward to seeing what you have done for Quiltwest

DIAN said...

This quilt looks amazing. Not just the colours, but the placement of the various elements is really interesting to look at.