Above: using scraps - I had a lot of pieced trimmings from another project so put them together in a log cabin design. This will grow as I haven't finished the cutting yet. It might make a background for something.
Below: my Feb blocks. Doing these has made me sure I'll never be a traditional quilter! (I was sure before actually) The left one wasn't too bad but the right one turned out 1/4 inch too small. I'm not going to do it again at this stage, maybe when it comes time to put them all together, I might get enthusiastic and redo it. The dark pink central shapes are not as dark as the pic shows.
My entry for Beneath the Southern Sky 'The Garden in a Dry Climate' was not accepted so I can post the pics. I was worried my photo may not have been good enough but apparently it was acceptable and met the requirements. They felt my quilt didn't fit with the others, which I understand. I printed the fabric using a photographic screen - its a repeat print which I've cut a section from. I added 3 appliques and free machine quilted it. It has wadding and a backing.
It seems I now have 200 followers - thanks all! So I'll have a giveaway - stay tuned for details. I'll keep it open until Feb 23rd and everyone who leaves a comment will be entered.