Monday, January 02, 2012

Happy New Year!

One of the things I'm going to do this year is quilting - I've signed up for a free online BOM class at Craftsy and these are the fabrics I've chosen from my collection. I didn't want to buy any new ones but I might need just one more bright pink. The background colour will be white. We'll be doing 2 blocks each month, 20 altogether, which shouldn't be too challenging. I've never made a large quilt before and said I never would, so we'll see how it goes. It's not a huge one - twin size apparently.


I'd like to wish all my readers a happy, peaceful, safe and creative 2012. Thankyou to those who visit, leave comments and follow my blog - its much appreciated.
I see that I'm getting towards 200 followers - will have a giveaway then to celebrate.

I'm not sorry to leave 2011 behind - it's been quite a personally challenging year with family health issues and other things, and so many traumatic events here and overseas, but there were some good things too. My exhibition (shared with my husband's wood turning) and tutoring at Fibres West are 2 that come to mind. My husband's health is much better now but our parents still have ongoing health issues.

I'm already getting a rapidly increasing things to do list for this year. It includes:
Dressmaking, revamping my Etsy shop with more designs for my thermofax screens and some printed fabrics, setting up a blog for Designing Women, much more work with dye printing, teaching, submitting entries for exhibitions and working towards the Designing Women exhibition later this year.
That's it for the new year resolutions! (not really resolutions - just intentions)
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

dianehobbit said...

Good luck with the challenge.

Doreen G said...

I love the fabrics that you have chosen Linda.
All the best for 2012.

Fran├žoise said...

Happy New Year to you Linda.
I hope you'll have fun with the BOM challenge and I'm looking forward to seeing your quilt.

Judys Fiber Art said...

Hope your challenges in both your personal life and your artistic life will be rewarding and successful.

Sandy said...

I signed up too. I can't believe we're both doing a traditional type thing.

2011 was both challenging and good.

Sue Dennis said...

Have a great 201 Linda and enjoy the quilting.

Emma said...

A wonderful list of interesting & exciting things to do - here's to a healthier 2012 ;)

Joy V said...

Those colours look fabulous Linda. I checked out the Craftsy site also, but decided against another BOM. Good luck with everything for the year and hope 2012 is all you wish it to be.

Judys Fiber Art said...

Thank you for your generous comment on my blog. Sadly, Rosemary Eichorn will be retiring next year. Her class on Fabric Collage was one of the best I ever took.

markkfinn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Art em Rosa said...

hi, i'm from Brazil and I loved your blog!! make me a visit later...

http://artemrosa.blogspot.com/

Art em Rosa said...

I'm following you now, thanks a lot