Monday, January 09, 2012

A change is as good as a holiday

In January, when its usually very hot here - too hot for the studio - I like to do some different things. Above: my first blocks for the Craftsy BOM (so far, so good) and below: I had these charm squares that were not to my taste but I didn't want to waste them, so I made a quilted bag for my A3 cutting mat and rulers.

Today I've started a quilt to submit for an exhibition: Under the Southern Sky which has to be finished by 24th Jan. I'm using some fabric that I screen printed quite some time ago which fits the theme.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Emma said...

Well, why not use them up for something useful? You could always add your touch with some overprinting, a flick of a screen or 2. Love that cute little red barn ;)

Sandy said...

Great tote. I like to use the pretty fabrics too even commercial ones. The blocks are nice and a good start.

Judys Fiber Art said...

Good way to use up fabrics that just don't work. I started piecing mine and quilting them, then painting them.

Judy said...

This is a great mat holder Linda.
Thankyou for my lovely surprise package the other day!!

Dorothy said...

A great way to use the fabric, good luck with your entry in the Under the Southern Sky. Thankyou for your comment on my blog.

Glenys said...

Hi Linda,
Just wondering if you may be able to spread the word about Fibre Arts @ the Monastery in New Norcia. Not sure if you know about it, but if you go here http://www.fibrearts.jigsy.com/monastery all will be revealed!
Regards,
Glenys Mann

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Linda. Looks like you're starting the new year creatively. Interesting blocks for your BOM and the tote is lovely. Very successful "make-do"!
best, nadia