Sunday, November 20, 2011

A quick post

The top 2 fabrics have been revamped a little - top is done with thermofax screens and below, block printed with a thermofax screen used for the final layer. I packaged up some of my fabrics into variety packs and single fabric packs for 'Gifted' which was last Sunday. I sold quite a few of them as well as thermofax screens, scarves, covered journals, etc. It was a lovely & successful day - caught up with several people I hadn't seen for a while too.

Its been a while since my last post, I've been busy with 'Gifted' as well as family things. We've almost got my Uncle's property ready to go on the market. What a huge job that was - 90 years of accumulated junk! I hope to get back to more regular posts again now.

I recently got Rayna Gillman's new book, Create your own free-form quilts and have been having fun, trying out some of her techniques with scrap fabrics. I'll use these for journal covers. The bottom one is finished. I took it and some other things to the Genesis in the Hills Creative shop yesterday. The shop was started recently by Rivka and Ita to enable local artists and craftspeople to sell their work - it is located near the restaurant car park - a good place to find handmade Christmas presents.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Textile Queenie said...

Many thanks for the follow Linda! I'm just getting into quilting and am quite interested in these freeforms of yours. I'm also drawn to Juliet's work below.

I have a thermofax (which I was able to purchase with my Bursary). Which is your favourite carbon based ink/medium for burning the screens if you don't mind me asking?

Linda Stokes said...

Thanks for the comment & for following me too!
Carbon based media: I like the Riso pens, charcoal pencil, graphite sticks but the one I mostly use is laser photo copies - how about you?

Judy said...

Hi Linda!
I've missed you. Bravo for finishing packing up your Uncle - 90 years IS a lot of accumulation, isn't it? YIKES!!

I love your top fabric and also your pieced fabrics a la Rayna. My book should be at home waiting for me when we get there later today. Can't wait!

As always, your work is lovely!

xo

Sandy said...

Nice work.

Anne B said...

Very original and exciting. Looks like you had fun too.

Judy said...

Hi Linda, nice to see your post.The free form quilt idea is fab.Best of luck at the new venue.

Rayna said...

Thanks for your comments on my book, Linda. I love what you did with the book cover and hope to meet you when I come to Australia to teach. Have fun with your free-form work!

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Love, love, love perusing your scrumptious colors again! Can't wait until your etsy shop is full of things to buy!