Sunday, March 06, 2011

Sample-book covers & postcard

Last month at ATASDA, Lyn gave a workshop on techniques for making covers for a sample book. Home work was to finish our covers and glue them onto the cardboard supplied. Then this month Lyn would use her machine to make the holes for us and put in the spiral binding and pages. So on Friday I got busy and finished mine. This is how it turned out. I posted the back first because I like it more.

Below: this postcard sized piece had been in the unfinished box for quite a while - I used a new Valdani cotton thread I recently bought from the Thread Studio to stitch around the appliqued shapes then made a backing from some Japanese paper covered pelmet vilene.

We've had a few days relief from our record breaking hot weather over the weekend - lovely to be able to open the windows before midnight! But have not been able to do much in my studio - too busy with family and other things.

I've been wanting to launch my Thermofax screen service but its been too hot to get many samples printed. But look out for an announcement here later this week and maybe even a giveaway too.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Thimble Fingers said...

Oh Linda, your book cover is gorgeous. I love both sides.

Linda Robertus said...

Thermofax screen service? Giveaway? I'm staying tuned! ;-)
loove your book cover and postcard!

The Idaho Beauty said...

What a beautiful cover - sure like your work.

Emma said...

Lovely,& the post card. I like both sides too. I'm trying to think of a design to make a sketchbook for the samples/sketches I've done & will do for my weekly collage - too many ideas not enough focus!

Sandy said...

Your book is wonderful and the postcard.

solange said...

Wonderful!! I like all.

marijke said...

like your posts, and am working on some more designs for some more thermofax screens to order soon. Enjoy using the previous ones, cheers marijke