Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Japan Journal Quilt: Chrysanthemums


On my first trip to Japan in Autumn, I was struck by the displays of Chrysanthemums at most of the temples and castles we visited. Particularly where they were trained to grow over frames to give a magnificent display, but also in bonsai form and as single specimens.
This 12" x 12" quilt uses some Japanese fabrics and some of my own. The embroidered flowers are from a commercially digitised design which I've stitched out.
The quilt is for the Countries challenge run by the Aust/NZ Quilt Yahoo Group where we complete a quilt every second month.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Fran├žoise said...

This is a lovely 12x12 quilt Linda. Beautiful texture and colours.

Emma said...

A beautiful quilt, & a great workshop, think of me on Sat when I give my first workshop!

Sandy said...

It's lovely. I like Chrysanthemums.

Stitchety Grub said...

I love this Linda- reminds me of the textiles and colours I saw last year on my Japan trip - also thanks for a great workshop day last Saturday - I enjoyed it immensely :-)
Bridget :-)

renee said...

I like it! Nice to see the Japan fabrics in your work :)

Now the plum blossoms are just starting to bloom.