Wednesday, January 26, 2011

In the studio again

We had a couple of cooler days this week so I was able to spend some time printing in my studio. I was trying out some new thermofax screens with permaset textile printing inks on cotton. The small circle stencil was done with charcoal pencil, riso pen and graphite stick - all came out well. It's only A4 but I've done lots of prints in 2 colours to cover the area.
Click on the photo for a closer look - the photos looked better before I posted them.


Below right: the same circle stencil in different colours and left: another stencil made from a rubbing of an old piece of wood .

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Emma said...

ok, how do you make a stencil from a rubbing of a piece of wood, or is that rather a huge question? I'm always rubbing worm marks in driftwood & would love to "take it further"

Love your circle pieces but prefer the one with a little gap in it, a short rest for the eyes before going on to more lovelyness.

I missed seeing your stunning journal page, goodness that color! I love highlighting by catching the tops of ridges but to highlight by taking away is fabulous!

ju-north said...

Yes, I'd like to know how to make a stencil as well! Lovely work!

Sandy said...

Great stencils and fabrics. I never thought of using a rubbing.

Judys Fiber Art said...

Sometimes I just get overwhelmed with all the inspiration I see on blogs. Yours has made me want to pursue my inspiration. These are wonderful.

Gina said...

Gorgeous with such wonderful depth!

Fran├žoise said...

Great printing! The small circles stencil is very effective.