Wednesday, December 08, 2010

I'm in print!

Above: the last covered sketchbook for the year.
Below: Embellish (a newish Australian textile magazine) asked me to to write an article on how I did the fringe on my scarf which won 2nd prize in a competition they ran earlier this year. Well, Fabulous Fringes & Embellished Edgings is published so I'm now in print! The fringe below is the one I used to photograph the steps of making it and the magazine cover is below that. It is great to have a new Australian magazine promoting textiles, artists and related businesses.


Some more exciting news - I've been invited to be a tutor at next year's Fibres West, a week long retreat held at Bunbury every 3 years. I went to the 2008 one as a student and very much enjoyed the experience and the workshop I did with Jane Dunnewold so it will be quite a thrill to be a tutor this time. My workshop is entitled Mark-Making on Cloth - Extending Dye/Print Techniques. For more info on that and the other great workshops on offer, visit the Fibres West website.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Fenland Textile Studio said...

I love the colours in your covered sketchbook. I wonder if I can get the Embellish magazine over here. Must look into it. Angela

fabriquefantastique said...

Excellent!

Doreen G said...

Congratulations Linda on the teaching job.

Judy said...

Oh LINDA!!How exciting!!What great news. I must pick up this mag!!!!
Congrats onm the Teaching job!!!

Sandy said...

Congratulations on the teaching and the article. I love the journal cover. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

Sue Dennis said...

Skimmed through the magazine yesterday & saw the article- congratulations, great work!

Emma said...

Congratulations, that's great! Love your 'pale' piece, too from below.

We've been a bit snowed in here so I hope it won't take tooo long for your giveaway win to get to you - maybe forget about it & it'll be a nice surprise in the new year - things were backed up here, anyway!

Fran├žoise said...

Congratulations Linda!