Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Greetings

I've been putting it off as long as possible but now I really have to get ready for Christmas. It's our turn to have DH's side of the family at our place in the evening, which is a lot of people. Lunch will be at our daughter's home with my parents and our other daughter will be home from Japan too which will be wonderful as I haven't seen her since I went to Japan in April.

I've been doing some work lately, the above fabric is one I've shown before but it looks a lot different now - I think its finished. It is mostly printed and painted with Procion dyes and some discharge with a little fabric paint as well.

Above: I received these beautiful decorations made by Juliet at our Designing Women Christmas breakup lunch. We make a decoration to swap each year - the one I made is below - it went to Liz.


Best wishes for a very happy Christmas to those who celebrate it and hope everyone has a safe, happy and peaceful holiday season.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Su said...

What pretty decorations, yours and Juliet's. Have a lovely Christmas - I really must get organised!

Doreen G said...

Merry Christmas to you Linda and I hope you have a great time with the family.

ju-north said...

A lovely Christmas to you and your family! Enjoy!

Françoise said...

Merry Christmas Linda!
The printed fabric is really gorgeous.

Judy said...

Love your little tree dec's. Also bought Embellish mag, and saw your article.Next year I'll have a try at those edgings.Clever you!!Well done!!Have a Happy Christmas too!!
Cheers
Judy

Judy said...

Oh, do I ever love that fabric! :)

Merry Christmas to you too Linda!

xo

Emma said...

Lovely decorations, I've so loved making mine. Happy Christmas to you & yours!

dióhéj said...

This is impressive!

Gina said...

Beautiful ornaments! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you!

Emma said...

Your wuinnings are finally on their way - post here is still backlogged from all the snow.

A healthy, happy & creative 2011 to you ;)