Friday, October 01, 2010

Procion dye work

Some more sample pieces from my recent work with dyes. Top is hand painted & below: mono & roller printed.

Below: screen printed and lines applied with squeeze bottle.

A few silk hand dyes, all done in the same container - the dark ones are organza. A recipe for this method (Cram jar dyeing) is on Kraftkolour's website.

I ran a Procion dye workshop for Innovative Stitches last weekend. I used to be a member, so it was nice to catch up with people and some of them bought several pieces of my dyed fabrics which was very nice. Tomorrow, I'm doing a talk & demo on heat transfer dyeing for ATASDA and people can do some samples if they like - materials, paper & dyes provided for $5.
Next weekend I'm having an open studio for the local branch of the Australian Sewing Guild which of course, means a major tidy up - well over due!

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

artymess said...

wish I lived closer would love to attend one of your courses ...x

Sandy said...

Nice pieces. They all relate. I, too, wish I were closer.

Mermaid's Purse said...

Love the bright circles and good luck with the open studio ....... am sure it'll be lots of fun if a little hard work too x

Judy said...

Gee I wish I could attend your Open Studio!!.What fun with the dyeing.

Judy said...

looks like you've had some fun playing around!
me too: I want to be there for your open studio!

xo

Fran├žoise said...

Beautiful pieces Linda!

Judys Fiber Art said...

These are all very inspiring. Makes me want to dive right in. Maybe I will. I need the practice.

Fenland Textile Studio said...

I love the colours in your printing. You have got some fantastic textures happening. Angela