Thursday, September 16, 2010

Breakdown prints

This week I've been playing with breakdown printing. These are all from the same screen which I used for monoprinting on another large piece of fabric then left all the dye on the screen to dry. The next day I printed from it with clear manutex - the middle pic is the first pull - you can see how the dye in the screen gradually breaks down with each successive print. The dye in the screen wasn't very thick so I thought I'd only get about 3 prints from it but I ended up getting quite a few. I 've done lots of others this week too but they're still batching.

I just love this process - you can get fantastic organic imagery happening and its very spontaneous - no registration or lining up anything. It is a bit messy though.


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

ju-north said...

These would make great texture backgrounds for photographs! I like these!

Sandy said...

It is very organic. I love it when we don't have control and get surprises.

Judy said...

that first pull is amazing! what is Manutex?

xo

Thimble Fingers said...

I've never heard of Manutex, but I love the process, your prints are lovely. What have you in mind to do with them now?
I love dyeing and rusting fabrics, but the stash just gets bigger and bigger and I never have any idea what to do with them.

Emma said...

These look wonderful. it took me ages to get my head round when reading an article in CPS. So much to try!

Annette said...

These are fantastic Linda, love the idea of the breaking down, right up my alley.
Thanks for the comments re my exhibition pieces, it's scary putting myself 'out there' so to speak.
hugs
Annette

The password for today is mention! love it.. first proper word I've come across.