Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Finished


This was posted before as a work in progress... I finished it and framed it today. Now I need to find a space to hang it.

Thanks for all the comments, I do appreciate them. Judy asked how I printed with the plastic grid shown in my previous post. It is a little fiddly - I do it in the same way I would do a leaf print. Place the leaf or grid on a piece of scrap paper, ink with a sponge roller, carefully pick it up by the edges, place face down on fabric, cover with a piece of clean scrap paper, hold down while rolling over with a hard rubber brayer, lift paper then carefully lift printed object. It also works well for rubbings. I did one with Crayola fabric crayons but haven't transferred it to fabric yet. I think it would be good for gelatin printing too.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Judy Ferguson said...

I love everything about this piece. The overall effect of your colors and variation of lines and pattern is very good. It is also a good use of your stamping. You have created a focal point for your work. Good job.

Judy said...

beautiful piece Linda! I want to get up real close to admire it, and also to touch it!
thanks for the explanation on your lovely gridwork. that may be a bit too 'fiddly' as you call it, for me. I tend to be pretty sloppy in the studio. argh!

xo

ju-north said...

A lovely rich feel to this piece - makes you want to touch it!

Sandy said...

I really like this one too.

Doreen G said...

Beautiful Linda -I am like everyone else and want to touch it too.

Emma said...

Just wonderful - how do you frame your textile pieces, & with or without glass? (bearing in mind we all want to touch!)