Tuesday, February 09, 2010

What I'm working on

I've added some stitching & beads to my little felt piece - not quite finished yet. The green one is one of my new ones but I think it only needs a little stitching.

This fabric collage is finished for now. I took it along to the ATASDA meeting for some feedback - the advice was to tone down some of the yellow which was a bit jarring and add more orange - which I agreed with and have done. I still need to decide whether to add any more and to frame it or not. I'll leave it to 'stew' for a while - then decide.

This is a detail of a set project for one of my groups. We were given a size; 15 x 35 and the theme was A Whiter Shade of Pale. I hope I can get away with the tiny bits of red!

You may have noticed at the top of my blog there's a link to a new page called Textile Workshops. I'm often asked what I teach so thought this was an easy way for people to access the information. I'll add new ones as I get time.

I found out about this new feature of Blogger through Brenda - she has written about it on her blog - thanks Brenda!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Brenda said...

Hi Linda - I'm so glad that the information about new Blogger features is helpful. Textile workshops is a perfect subject for a separate page listing :-)

Mermaid's Purse said...

Love the texture in the white piece and the collage looks really good too!

sallyh said...

Simply love your Whiter Shade of Pale. Well done!

Fran├žoise said...

I really like your orange fabric collage!
And this new Blogger feature is great.

Judy said...

all of the pieces you've shown are great, but I'm especially in love with your Whiter Shade of Pale...it is delicious!

xo

Odile said...

This fabric collage is very nice. I like this warm colors. i also like very much "the Whiter Shade of pale". Your work is wonderfull.

Sandy said...

I love all the pieces and am inspired by them. The white needs the bit of red for life.

Sally Westcott said...

Whiter Shade of Pale is stunning! The little red bits give it zing! The collage I just love! The colours and textures are vibrant!(? is that the word I want?).

Ta for flaunting - it reminded me to get the camera out and use it!

How lucky are you! Going to an ATASDA meeting! What a brilliant experience that would be. I'm a member of it but I live here in Tassie, in splendid isolation - I don't even know who the other 17 members are down here (got the newsletter today - that's how I know there are 18 Tasmanian members!)

Hugz

And keep posting - I love the eye candy

Sally in Hobart

cinzia said...

Am in awe at the work in 'lighter shade of pale'. thanks for showing us