Sunday, January 24, 2010

Felt Workshop

Work 2010 008

This weekend I went to a great workshop: Exploring Surface Design in Felt.

The tutor was Lee Anne Davis who was excellent, providing plenty of knowhow and inspiration. We first made prefelts, then stitched, then felted again. The last step is to add more stitching/embellishment which I haven’t done yet. It was so hot at Craft House Menora I decided to leave the final stitching until later.

Work 2010 009 The first 2 pics show my samples after the first lot of stitching.

 

 

 

Below: after felting. I’ll post another photo when I’ve added the next layer of stitch.Work 2010 011

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I enjoyed this process – I’ll come back to it even though I’m not really a keen hand stitcher.

5 comments:

Judy said...

Ahhhhh: yummy pieces Linda!

xo

Karin said...

They look wonderful. Can´t wait to see them finished.

Raphaela said...

I like these pieses very much. It does not seem to be very difficult. But a great effect. Thanks for sharing.

Sandy said...

Nice pieces. Sounds like a good technique and workshop.

Doreen G said...

Fabulous Linda