Friday, October 09, 2009

Using up paint piece

I often have some scrap fabric handy when printing to finish up paint or make full use of a paper stencil. This is the current one. It's done with roller, mono, block and screen printing. The 2 dark horizontal stripes made up of short lines were cut from drafting film and I used the cut out pieces to make a negative stencil (printed in grey and green)
These pieces sometimes end up being more interesting than the intentional design. I quite like this one and it's a good size too - 47 x 90cms.
I'll probably have to stop printing now. It's less than a month untill I leave for Japan and there's lots I need to do before that.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Aussie Jo said...

Another fantastic piece.
I look forward to reading about your trip to Japan.

Sandy said...

WOW! Did that ever turn out well. It's hard to stop when you are doing so well, but going to Japan will be fabulous.

Fran├žoise said...

Beautiful!

Sandra said...

This is perfect, so yes, stop printing now.

Gina said...

It's beautiful! I'm enjoying your others as well and the great journals above.