Monday, July 27, 2009

Bags

The Head & Shoulders exhibition has finished so here are 4 of my bags from it. I sold some & the gallery is keeping the rest.
The fabrics are all my own, hand dyed, printed and embroidered. Some are cloqued and a lot of them are heat transfer dyed.

Next Friday and Saturday I'll be at the WA Craft, Quilt & Stitch Show. Friday, I'll be at The Thread Studio stand. Dale has invited a few local textile artists (including me) to do our own work there so people can see what we're doing and have a chat - should be fun.
Saturday, I'm on duty with the Designing Women's display then helping with an Embroiderers' Guild workshop: Stretching the Boundaries of Buttonhole Stitch - very good value at just $5.00 including kit!
It's the WA Embroiderers' Guild's 40th anniversary this year so they have a big exhibtion on at the show.


Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Annie said...

Love the bags. Hope to get a chance to meet you on Friday at the Fair - parents permitting

Vicki W said...

These are terrific!

Sandy said...

The bags are wonderful and make me want to rush off and try some. Since I've been having an inspiration problem, I thank you. Have fun with Dale.

Doreen G said...

Love the bags Linda---I might have to book into the Buttonhole stitch workshop.

Arlenesfelt said...

I throughly enjoyed browsing through the four pages on Flickr. Your bags and the wonderful dyed fabric you make are all great!

Pat said...

Great bags. Oh how I wish I could get to the Fair.....I'd love to see your work 'up close and personal'.......Pat

Karin said...

Gorgeous bags. Wish I had a chance to buy one of them...
Karin

ANNA said...

your bags are stunning - wish I could see them for real. Good luck with the show

Odile said...

I love all this bags. Wonderfull. Good week.

renee said...

Hi mum! Your bags are awesome! You should totally set up an online shop :)

wandar-wanda said...

Hi linda , your bag -all art. work is Baeautiful !!!
many hugs.w-w

wandar-wanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judy Alexander said...

Love the bags.....wish I could just scoop up the first one.....

Gina said...

Gorgeous work!

Pat said...

each is more beautiful.....more artistic and expressive ...... than the previous. Wow is what I say.

Veronica Arteira said...

Love the bags, Linda!Great works, great dyed fabrics!!!
In portuguese: Seu trabalho e lindo, espetacular, estou encantada!!!
Veronica Arteira