Monday, April 13, 2009

New A4 Quilt


Just finished this - as it is a dull, wet day, I decided to scan it instead of photographing. I'm going to send it to the UK Quilter's Guild for their Little Gems Tombola. If you go to the link you can see lots of the other quilts, some really good ones too.

Can you help? I need some ideas for a name for the quilt. If someone comes up with a good name by the end of this week, I'll send them one of my ATCs!

It's made from mostly commercial fabrics, polyesters, some silks and cottons. The colours came from a reel of variegated thread which I've used for some of the embroidery and I've added some more shades of yellow/gold and burgandy. I made this as a smaller piece a few years ago but wasn't quite happy with it so when I was looking for an idea for another A4 quilt, decided I'd cut it up, re-arrange and add some more work to it. The other 2 I've done for the Tombola were not as bright or high contrast as this and I like the way it's turned out.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Judy Alexander said...

Very nice! Somehow this reminds me of a 'Construction Zone'. Even if you don't use this name I would love to swap ATCs.

Sandy said...

All Squared UP is what comes to mind. Nice piece.

Doreen G said...

Because of the colours Linda I think of "Dreamtime in the West"
I know this won't mean anything to anyone outside OZ.

Linda Robertus said...

The first name that came to my mind is 'Pythagoras'.
Best wishes from very wet Brisbane,
Linda

shirleytreasure said...

Hi Linda,
This is a beautiful piece & 1st reminded me of the set squares, protractors, compasses & mathematical instruments I used to own going to school. They came in a gold tin which was very hard wearing (I think I had the same set for 5 years! Then things were build to last!)So, heres my name "Theodolite" check out http://brunelleschi.imss.fi.it/museum/esim.asp?c=500164
Hope your enjoying the Easter holidays :)
Cheers
Shirley

linda stokes said...

Thanks for your comments and suggestions, some interesting ones already. I'll decide on a name next weekend.

Debbi Baker said...

Hi Linda - my immediate thought was "frame of mind" but maybe that is reflective more of mine than anything!! Great piece though and the triangles really give it "kapow"!

pattynubs said...

"Red Interrupted" is what popped into my head.

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

I agree with all of the above!
I actually flipped it on it's side (placing the triangle in the lower right corner) and these immediately popped into my head:

Geometry 101
Memories of Geometry
Shadows of Geometry
Geometric Shadows

You can tell what classes I took!

Judy said...

All such good suggestions! I definitely saw the protractor in there! "Fragments" is my contribution.
It's a beautiful piece with so much to see and spend time inspecting and enjoying! thanks!

xo