Sunday, March 15, 2009

Rare Bloom

Top: 'Rare Bloom' painted, stitched and heat gunned Tyvek, centre part is free machined on soluble vileen which was dissolved, moulded into shape and a heat gunned plastic bag bead added. This is in a box frame but I took it out for the photo. It will be in the school exhibition too.

The above A4 Quilt was shown in a previous post. I received some suggestions for it as I wasn't sure if it was finished. I took the advice given and I think it is better (and now finished)

The bag fabric also featured in an earlier post, but now I've made it up into a bag. I used a few of the flowers shown below, made by free machining on vileen 541, to decorate it. I have a few more bags in progress at the moment.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

LOVE the poppy! I'm intrigued with Tyvek - is that the same thing as the building wrap material?

And I like the added rectangles.

Doreen G said...

I love the rare bloom Linda--well done to get the tyvek to behave eachtime you made a petal.
The quilt looks great now and I see that you turned it upside down as well.
Love the little flowers and leaves as well.

Helen Suzanne said...

lovely work Linda. I particularly like the flowers. The one at the top captures such a rugged yet natural feeling.

Genie said...

Love Poppies,
Beautiful work Linda.

Sandy said...

They are all wonderful, but Rare Bloom is exceptional.

Sandra said...

What a lovely flowers!

Vicki W said...

All great peices but I really love Rare Bloom!

Debbi Baker said...

All gorgeous but I am in love with that beautiful vibrant A4 quilt!!