Monday, February 09, 2009

Australian Bushfires

Horrible news is coming from the south east of Australia, mostly Victoria. Many people have died in the worst bushfires they've ever had. 131 when I last heard and at least 700 homes destroyed.
My heart goes out to those affected. Although on the other side of the country, it hits close to home because we live in an outer metro bush area too and I'm always a bit on edge at this time of year.
We're expecting very hot weather later this week.
I can't imagine what it would be like to lose everything in that way. Makes everything else seem trivial.

2 comments:

Genie said...

Glad you are ok Linda, Fingers crossed and prayers said. my cousin and family live outskirts of Sidney, and are ok at the moment. Take care

Sandy said...

Those fires sound so terrible. I hope your area stays safe.