Friday, February 27, 2009

Art Cloth Challenge

This is the fabric I did for Jane Dunnewold's Art Cloth Challenge held early last year. (detail pics below) I can now show it because Jane has created an Art Cloth Challenge blog where all 12 pieces are documented with each person's story of their process.
She sent 12 people 2 yards of the same blue dyed silk. We were given the task of transforming it into our own Complex Cloth by using whatever processes we chose. I wanted to discharge some areas of the blue but my discharge paste didn't work so I had to work with the blue and overdye/print. For a full description of what I did as well as all the others, click the link.
Now that I'm revisiting it, I'm not really happy with the way it works as a whole, but it was a great learning experience.



Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Fran├žoise said...

Wow! LInda, this art cloth is beautiful. What is it you don't like about it?
I'm off to read the other blog...

Sandra said...

your fabric turned out beautiful!

Vicki W said...

I think it's darned cool!

Sandy said...

I'll bet it was fun as well as a learning experience. I like it.

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Linda,
I really like it - especially the closeup photos where the subtle coloring shows up. The bit of gold grasses add so much life!

Helen Suzanne said...

This is beautiful. Will you cut it up and use the bits you like the best? I suppose it depends how you work but I'm one for chopping and adding 'till i'm satisfied :D

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Linda,
You won the bead soups!