Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm Back

I've been back from Albany a couple of days and life is back to normal. We had a good week away, my workshops at the Albany Summer School seemed to go pretty well and were well received and I sold 2 of the pieces which were in the Tutors' exhibition. One of which I have mixed feelings about as it's left a big space on my wall, I guess I'll have to do something else to go there. But the lady who bought it was so happy with it, I am pleased. Its the wall hanging called Dreams of India which I did last year.
Above: is 1 yard of rayon which I dyed yesterday for a Complex Cloth Yahoo group round robin which was organized by Susan Purney Mark. It has quite a bit of white left as it was stuffed quite tightly into a tray but that's OK as it leaves the next person the option of overdyeing.

Above: the beach at Emu Point, Albany. The weather was lovely, we escaped the sweltering heat in Perth last week. I would have liked a couple of extra days to relax as the teaching was quite intensive with a lot of preparation before too. I admire anyone who teaches full time! I usually only do one day workshops so 4 days was a stretch and I hadn't taught the fabric dye & paint one previously. It's left me keen to do more though.

Above: some of my Heat Gun Bead Making students at work. I'll post some of the other class next time.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

renee said...

I want to go to Albany! Photos look great :) Gonna put some more up?

Sandy said...

Glad your classes went well, but I'm not surprised. The cloth is nice. You do have to leave something for the next person to do.