Friday, October 31, 2008

Playing with print

This was screen printed on white cotton drill with Permaset fabric printing ink. There are a few layers of print here, the dark squares were done with a torn paper stencil and the rest was printed through the fused plastic shown below. I also did some prints over the top by inking the plastic and printing directly from that. The top pic shows the whole thing (40 x 110cms) but the close up below gives a better idea of what it looks like.
I think it might be good for a bag as it's a medium weight fabric, although it's rather bright.


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

joanlil said...

I really like the effect of the fused plastic. I have never known what to do with it before apart from incorporating it in embroidery.
Great idea!

Fran├žoise said...

It looks great.

Sandy said...

I like bright. It turned out nicely.

Karin Millson said...

Hi, Karin here... I work with plastics a lot and love the network piece. Thanks for showing me it.

Sandra said...

I like this piece.