Friday, September 19, 2008

September TIF

This is where I'm at with the TIF challenge. I may cut it into strips and reassemble but I'm leaving it for now. I know it's not a great photo, a bit washed out & I didn't notice the thread accross it until I saw it on the computer screen. The colours for Sept are not ones I would have put together, although I liked the Sharon's photo that was the source for them. The fabrics are mostly commercial synthetics bonded to vileen then free machine embroidered. It's big enough for 4 postcards, but not sure what I'll do with it yet.

Above & Below: some of the wildflowers we saw on the drive home. These are everlastings which are a papery daisy flower in yellow, pink & white. They last a long time after picking. They are around Mullewa and the Coalseam conservation area.

We saw the one below on the Mullewa wildflower walk. It contrasts nicely with the red stony ground.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Doreen G said...

Your TIF colours look wonderful together Linda--I still haven't started mine yet as I have been busy getting stuff ready for the Guild exhibition next weekind.

Sandy said...

Your TIF will make great postcards. Nice photos of flowers.

renee said...

hi mum, i love your wildflower photos!!! renee