Friday, September 26, 2008

New Postcard


This is another September TIF piece. I've used some of the leftover bits from the last one ironed onto vilene in a log cabin design, then stitched with automatic patterns & some free machine stitching.

This week has been a bit interrupted because it's the 6 month point in my walking programme and I had to be reassessed and measured etc. Tuesday I had to go into the city for that so thought I'd make a day of it and do some shopping too. On Wednesday I had to go to Challenge Stadium to do fitness testing to see if I've improved. I get the results next week.
Today I've had quite a productive day though, did a good walk, then some preparation for Fibres West which is in a weeks time. It's a week long retreat at Bunbury where I'm doing the Complex Cloth workshop with Jane Dunnewold. The preparation involved testing my black fabrics to see if they are suitable to bleach (they all worked) and also I taped one of my old silkscreens with silver duct tape to seal it. I'm going to do a test print to make sure the tape is the right kind after it's had time to cure. Also did some tests using heat transfer dyes on some new fabrics I recently bought. I wasn't sure if they were all polyesters but they worked well.

Tomorrow it's Innovative Stitches meeting day. We're going to make upper body casts by wrapping each other in brown paper tape which is cut up the back to remove when its dry, should be fun! This is for one of the projects we're doing for our next exhibition. The theme is The Seven Deadly Sins. The body casts may provide evidence of some sins, greed or sloth perhaps?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sandy said...

You certainly have been busy. My daughter wrapped me in cling wrap for a body form. We got the giggles.

Tosh Fomby said...

Beautiful work. thank you for sharing.