Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bags & Postcards

I'd had this bag for a while, so I decided it needed tizzying up a bit. A lace edging made by free machining on water soluble fabric was added as well as bringing the embroidery down into the top section. I made some fabric heatgun beads, some paper towel beads and some cords to make a new shoulder strap. The drawstring was a purchased cord so I zigzagged over that with the sewing machine and made the fabric disks to cover the end knots. I'm much happier with it now.
I should say, the fabric was dyed with heat transfer dyes and the main fabric was cloqued as well. (which gives the crinkle effect)

This one, I recently got back from another outlet but I'm not going to change it.

The above postcard I made while trying a technique using fabric flowers under a sheer fabric. It hasn't got a home as yet. The one below I received from Sandy from USA on Tuesday. Thanks Sandy, it's lovely! I forgot to post the one I sent her, will do that next post.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sandy said...

The bags are lovely. I'm surprised the one didn't sell. I'm glad you like the postcard. I posted the one you sent on my blog.

Judy said...

Love, love, love that bag!! and your flower postcard is great too!

freebird said...

I like the second bag best! I like the flower on the front and the strap and the colors.... How could someone not want it?

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi!
Today I'm supposed to be creating labels for the ATCs in the upcoming CYBER FYBER exhibition but I used this as an opportunity to check in on your blog. Boy am I glad I did. The coils and work with the free motion couching foot are amazing! I just love the entire looks. The bag is beautiful too. Thanks so much for sharing and especially for trading with me at CYBER FYBER.
Susan
PS I've got a "personal" art blog too...at http://artbysusanlenz.blogspot.com
Again thanks!