Monday, July 21, 2008

Into the studio

This week I've managed to get into the studio to do some acid milling dyeing. These dyes are mostly used for protein fibres (wool & silk) but they are also brilliant on nylons. I had a roll of bright yellow & gold lace that I got very cheap and a friend gave me some white nylon organza so I dyed some of that (top photo) as well as some silk and wool. The colours are rather Bollywood but they'll be great for layering.
Below: a hank of wool yarn that dyed very nicely.

Below: these ribbons were white nylon velvet and the lace was from an old petticoat I was given.

Below: Nylon organza, left over pieces. I like the way the pleats stayed in - I'll probubly use them as they are.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Doreen G said...

Definitely Bollywood Lynda but wow they look good.

Doreen K. said...

They are all beautiful. But the yank of yarn is absolutely gorgeous. Love the colors.

Vicki W said...

What beautiful colors and textures!

Sandy said...

I love the colors.

Homeleightigger said...

Gorgeous colours Linda (I love Bollywood colours) What are Acid Milling Dyes - or is that a daft question? Val

Guzzisue said...

just love these colours :-)