Wednesday, April 02, 2008

March TIF

Just a day late this month. The first photo shows the front & back sections. The fabrics are all silks on a base of pellon with a layer of dyed flannelet over it. I've placed strips of various silks over the base with the sheer ones last. Then appliqued the flowers on top using vliesofix before stitching. The background is quilted with free motion swirls. Detail pics below.



April TIF
Sharon has posted the colours for April and again they are definitely not colours I like to work with. In fact browns are my least favourite but last night I found this strip quilted piece I did ages ago which has pretty much the right colours. So my challenge will be to embellish it with stitch etc. to try and make it acceptable as a bag fabric. I really don't want to start something new with these colours.
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Sandy said...

March is beautiful-I love it. I agree, the brown set for this month will be a challenge.

MaryjoO said...

Seeing your April TIF fabrics gives me "hope" (for coming up with something!)

Tanguera said...

I love your March piece. The flowers are so whimsical. Good luck with April!

Doreen G said...

The March piece is beautiful Linda and lucky you to have April's piece already in your stash.

verobirdie said...

Your March flowers are full of energy! The fabric you found for the April TIF will sure turn out fine.

Annica said...

The March piece is gorgeous! Love the quilting!

Ruth said...

green61Beautiful! It looks like spring.

Tyanne said...

I absolutely love your march piece. It is a happy looking piece.

Fran├žoise said...

Lovely piece for March!
The April palette looks very dark and sad to me, but your quilted piece is nice. It's a good idea to use it for the challenge.

Meg in Albuquerque said...

When I got to your page, my first reaction was WoW, I just love your March piece.

freebird said...

Love your March piece. Stunning! I'm with you on browns. But the colors I saw in the picture included blues, greens and yellows which add a lot of sparkle to the palette so I may do something there. It's great you get to use an old piece; maybe you'll like it more when you are done "change"ing it.

Judy Rys said...

Beautiful piece, Very whimsical and happy. The swirl quilting is a perfect fit.

Deb said...

Your March piece is really beautiful. I love the colors and all of the detail stitching.

I think you have a really good start on April with your strip quilt. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Dianne said...

I LOVE this so much - my colours - so bright and beautiful.

Leah/ Texas/ United States said...

how gorgeous! I love your quilting swirls in that pretty pink thread! thanks for sharing.