Sunday, March 16, 2008

Machine Embroidery

I started this little panel a while ago and finished it on Saturday. It uses left over pieces of dyed fabric on a background of sun printed fabric, free machine embroidery and built in pattern stitches. I made it to fit a frame I had and it looks quite good on the wall.

Joan has tagged me which means I have to list 7 things about myself and tag 7 others of my favourite blogs. I choose not to tag anyone as I'm sure most of the blogs I read have already been tagged but will do the list as follows:

1. I, like Joan, always leave things until the last minute.
2. I hate to throw out things that might come in handy for future work. This means my stuff is gradually expanding to fill up all space in my home and studio.
3. I'm a bookaholic. I've always read a lot, it used to be mainly fiction but now I collect books relating to my textile work and usually only read fiction when I'm travelling or on holiday.
4. I have a large pile of works in progress.
5. I hate doing house work. Least hated job is probably clothes washing.
6. I'm starting a programme so I will get more exercise.
7. I cannot get into the habit of keeping a sketchbook or journal.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Doreen G said...

What a lovely panel Linda and the colours are so you.
You know your list could have been written for me every one of them and I for the life of me cannot commit to a sketchbook or journal.

Sandy said...

Lovely piece. You do such nice things with rectangles. Lots are you list apply to me. Sandy

StegArt said...

This is another great piece. It looks like you are on a roll with these.

Debbi Baker said...

Another gorgeous piece!! And along with Doreen and Sandy, I have to agree about the list - some big commonalities happening there with me!

Leah/ Texas/ United States said...

lots of Luck and Encouragement for your exercise program. I love this piece you have posted here - did you mention how big it is?