Monday, January 21, 2008

TIF Challenge piece in progress
I'm making a bag using the colour scheme Sharon gave us. The top pic is the bag folded as it will be.
Below is the flat embroidered piece. I still have to make 2 gussets for the sides, a fastening of some kind, a strap or handle and finish off the edges. I've only used scraps I already had.


I haven't posted for a while but it's not because I've been idle! My article for Fibre&Stitch is done and I'm working on my secret project which has to be finished and sent away by the end of next week.
Today we had a get together of textile people at Elizabeth's home which she holds every January. Everyone brings show and tell and it's great to catch up with people after the Christmas break. Still hot here and getting hotter this week but I now have a temporary air conditioner in my studio, thanks DH!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Doreen G said...

Wonderful Linda I like the strippy layout and the fabrics you have selected in the challenge colours are fantastic.
I like the idea of using what you have.

StegArt said...

Looks very good...the colors are wonderful.

Sandy said...

It's wonderful. I like it much better than mine. Sandy

verobirdie said...

This is going to be a lovely bag!

Ruth said...

I love the bag - it is such a good use of the challenge colors. Wish I had a little of your heat. It is below zero here.

Sue B said...

Linda this bag is fabulous! Love the layout. This is going to be a gorgeous bag. How big is it?

Dianne said...

I love this Linda. I also like the different textures and patterns in rows.

Fran├žoise said...

Beautiful design! And the colors are so rich.

Meg in Albuquerque said...

I like your purse, it is so rich looking, I just want to pet it!