Tuesday, September 25, 2007

New Work
this is my latest effort, finished today. It had been lurking at the bottom of the works in progress pile for ages because I was unsure of how to proceed with it. I was looking for a project to get me going again so thought I'd have a go at this. It's made up of various pieces of hand dyed fabrics & the blue part of the flower was already done. I used pieces of scrim to blend the edges of the pieces and lots of free machining then I added the purple stitching (seed pods, stem and outline of flower) I'm not quite sure of what to do with it, whether it should be a wall piece or a bag front.
I've sold 4 of the bags I took to the gallery before we went away. They want some more and I've also got to dye and print some more silk scarves. I only had half as many as they wanted which I sent before we went to Broome. Busy!

3 comments:

Dianne said...

This piece os gorgeous!! Congratulations on your bag sales....

Sandy said...

It's lovely. If you need to take in more bags, this has you half way there. People tend to spend more on what they perceive as useful. Sandy

Fran├žoise said...

It's beautiful! I would finish it as a wall hanging.
Congrats on the bags!