Tuesday, July 24, 2007

New Bag
I haven't posted for such a long time. We've been busy preparing for our trip & catching up with friends & family before we leave. I finished this bag today & hope to get a couple more done before we go as one of the galleries I sell through has asked for more things. I've used various dyed/painted fabric strips, velvet ribbon, yarns & some embroidery techniques including cable stitch (stippling on the flap & spirals near the bag bottom) The handle is made from 3 machined cords joined together.
I did finish the 4 quilts mentioned in my last post but didn't have time to photograph them.
Last Saturday I did a local workshop organized by the WA Quilters Association called Fabulous Fish & Sensational Shells taught by Jan Rowe, not my usual thing at all but it was an enjoyable day & Jan was an excellent tutor. Unfortunately I probubly won't get my fish or shell finished before leaving but will try to post a work in progress photo.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Wonderful bag! My colors too. You are certainly busy. Sandy

Doreen G said...

Welcome back--I love the bag.

Dianne said...

That bag is just gorgeous!! My colours too - love it!!