Thursday, May 24, 2007

More Fabrics Top Photo shows fabric printed with leaves & the woven straw brim of an old hat.

In the middle: some block printed fabrics done with some very simple printing blocks made with pre cut foam shapes, string and wavey lines cut from sheet foam. They are then glued to wooden blocks or applied with double sided carpet tape & the wood is varnished to waterproof.
Bottom photo shows fabric printed with a sponge roller over a hand cut contact stencil. I did this very roughly with watery Permaset & quite enjoyed the effect. I will add another layer of colour to this.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

I want to paint and print now. Lovely fabrics. Sandy in La Center

Doreen G said...

Your samples are fantastic Linda can I come over to your house and play.

Fran├žoise said...

Your fabrics look wonderful.

Sue B said...

These are all beautiful!

Dianne said...

Great Linda. Yes, I'd like to come and play too!! Like the sun hat fabric.